Pull up a chair and grab a date for Texas Butterfly Ranch’s first food to plate series Bee my Honey.
For this virtual event, chef Elizabeth Johnson of Pharm Table has created a a honey-inspired menu and will lead us through a simple cooking lesson, friendly to even the most novice of chefs.
Master beekeeper and farmer for Eco Centro Cecile Parrish will guide us through a Bee 101 lesson to clue us in on what all the buzz is about when it comes to beekeeping and how vital bees are to our local ecosystem. She will also guide us through a local honey tasting.
This virtual presentation is FREE, but you must register for access to the event. A meal kit to make your own honey-fueled feast will be assembled and available for purchase, so save the date for your date!
In addition to the free cooking demo and bee 101 lesson, guests have the option to participate hands-on by purchasing two different meal kits available for pick-up:
(1) A Honey Sampling Kit. This kit contains honey samples from three different local farms – ($10)
(2) Virtual Cooking Class Meal Kit for 2. This meal kit will contain pre-prepared ingredients and everything you will need to follow along the cooking demo to make your own honey-fueled feast at home – ($65)
Cooking Demo Menu:
- Ayurvedic Meal Starter (Amuse Bouche) – (house marinated ginger, turmeric, lemon juice, local raw honey, pink salt)
- Lemon Basil Honey Infusion (non-alcoholic beverage or base for cocktails) -(basil, honey, saffron, lemon infused beverage)
- Pumpkin Moqueca Stew with Seasonal Fish (Vegetarian Substitute)- (seasonal hard squash, coconut milk, ginger, turmeric, onion, sweet peppers, white fleshed fish, lime juice, and cilantro …. served with almond cashew farofa)
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Pomegranate Seeds and Bee Pollen and Pollinator herbs- (avocado, raw cacao powder, honey, vanilla, lime juice, pink salt)
Save the date for your date!